In a few cases, maintenance grants are available and these are awarded on the basis of academic merit. Most Universities will permit students to work on campus for a limited number of hours per week.
The following funding opportunities are currently available. Click to read more:
- Masters and PhD Scholarship and Funding Opportunites 2013 - Caribbean and Pacific Island Mobility Scheme
- Barbados International Business Association
- Canadian Scholarships
- Commonwealth Study Abroad Consortium (CUSAC) Bursary scheme
- The Caribbean Integration Program Bursary 2012/2013
Link of Interest
There are five (5) scholarships to be awarded annually and will facilitate students' participation in the UWI International Exchange and Study Abroad Programmes.
These scholarships shall be offered to Barbadian nationals at the Cave Hill Campus of The University of the West Indies, pursuing undergraduate studies in management, finance, economics, law or combinations of these disciplines.
View more details Barbados International Business Association Scholarships
The Government of Canada has announced that applications for the Commonwealth Scholarship Program for eligible students studying in Canada on exchange are now available.
There are two separate scholarship programs:
- CARICOM: http://www.scholarships-bourses.gc.ca/scholarships-bourses/can/institutions/cclsp-pblcc.aspx?lang=eng&view=d
The scholarship value varies depending on the duration and level of study. The scholarship value for students is:
- $7,200 CAN for undergraduate students for a period of four months or one academic term of study or research;$7,200 CAN for graduate students for a period of four months or one academic term of study or research; or
- $9,700 CAN for graduate students for a period of five or six months of study or research.
This scheme assists undergraduates to undertake part of their studies in a member university in another Commonwealth country. Bursaries are awarded for travel on the basis of an exchange agreement between two CUSAC member institutions.
WIGUT, the UWI academic staff union, has set up a small fund to finance a limited number of Travel Bursaries to assist with the cost of travel from home to the country of choice. Both undergraduate and graduate students are eligible. The Travel Bursary is based on academic merit and financial need.
Persons interested in Study Abroad opportunities should contact the International Office at:
Tel #: (246) 417-4972 / (246) 417-4656